Are you tired of your grassy slopes? And want them to be cut with ease? Oh then don’t you worry. Because if you are you looking for the best lawn mower for steep slopes for you and you have a hilly garden then you are at the right place.
We are here to help you in deciding what is best for your beautiful garden to make it more clean and tidy.
Grass cutters are good if you want to cut a small patch but not best when you want to do an actual mowing. When your lawn is well kept it is pleasing to your eyes and also releases your tensions after a long day of hard-work
Many lawns are flat but some lawns have steep slopes or hilly terrain. So here are some choices of best lawn mower for rough terrain to make your decision easier.
Some features to look in when you are buying the best lawn mower for steep slopes.
- It should have a powerful engine
- It shouldn’t be very heavy
- It should either have a rear-wheel drive or an all-wheel-drive mower for your hilly lawns. They help to give an extra push required for the heavy mowers to pace uphill.
- It should have a small turning radius it makes it easier to maneuver.
Top 10 Best Lawn Mower For Steep Slopes
NAME & FEATURES
PRICE ON AMAZON
BLACK+DECKER MM2000 13 Amp Corded Mower
Snapper XD 82V MAX Electric Cordless 21-Inch Self-Propelled Lawnmower Kit
Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower
Mowox MNA152613 Zero-Turn Radius Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
Husqvarna MZ61, 61 in. 27 HP Briggs & Stratton Zero Turn Riding Mower
Sun Joe ION16LMCT iON16LM-CT 40-Volt 4.0-Amp 16-Inch Brushless Cordless Lawn Mower
Greenworks 21-Inch 40V Self-Propelled Cordless Lawn Mower
Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52″ Zero Turn Mower
BLUE RIDGE BR8761U 40V 2.0Ah 14” Cordless Lawn Mower
WORX WG751 40V Power Share 5.0 Ah 20″ Lawn Mower
1. BLACK+DECKER MM2000 13 Amp Corded Mower
- The cutting deck is 20 inches wide
- 7 height adjustments which can cut grass of heights 1.5-4 inches
- Facilitated with EdgeMax system that mows the outline of the hills
- It comes with 13-gallon grass bag
- Its Wheels grip well to the ground
- The handle can be collapsed for easy storage
- It gives you a 2-year warranty
- It also has High 5-star rating on Amazon
It is the best mower for steep slopes. It comes with a 20-inch cutting deck which is fabricated with a durable polymer and supports 7 height adjustments. You can effectively cut grass of heights 1.5-4inches from this mower.
The cutting system is facilitated with the EdgeMax system that allows you to mow the outlines of the hills which accounts for a much cleaner look. It is also best lawn mower for steep hills
The mower provides you with all three types of grass cutting methods and also has a large 13-gallon grass catcher bin with visualization port to help you know the filled volume. You won’t have to stop your cutting process in between to dump the bin because of its large volume. It saves your time
The wheels grip well to the grass and it has all three cutting levels labeled small, medium or flat. This gives more benefits to the user as they can use it for any type of cut he wants. The handle can be removed after the usage for easy storage. This best mower for steep hills has received a high number of 5-star reviews and is a part of numerous ‘best push mower for hilly terrain’ lists on the internet. It provides 2 year-warranty to the consumers which cover the defects in material or workmanship.
So you can consider it the best push mower for hills.
2. Snapper XD 82V MAX Electric Cordless 21-Inch Self-Propelled Lawnmower Kit
- It has 82V Briggs & Stratton battery
- It provides you with Run time of 35-45 minutes
- It has 21-inch steel cutting deck with the 3-in-1 cutting capability
- Rear-wheel drive
- Variable speed control
- It provides you with 7 height adjustments for deck lift
- Warranty of 5 years
It is the best mower for slopes. Although it is an expensive option it well worth your money
It is operated by 82V Briggs & Stratton battery and brushless motor which can be operated with 2Ah, 4Ah and 5Ah lithium-ion batteries and offers a run time of 35-45 minutes with a charge time of only 30 minutes. So it can be lawn mowers for steep slopes. Because of its high batteries.
It has a load-sensing technology which helps it to use a level amount of charge from the batteries. It helps to increase the battery timings.
It provides the 3-in-1 cutting capability and that too, with an efficient grass cutting ability. It has a 1.2-bushel grass catcher for the rear discharge of the grass clippings. Rear-wheel drive with large wheels that are covered with rugged tire treads grips well to the ground. So it is the best mower for uneven ground.
The deck lifts through 7 height adjustments and can be driven on variable speeds which is one of the unique features of these types of mowers. The speed control button is present on the handle opposite to the start push button.
3. Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower
- 30-inch cutting deck
- 15 HP auto choke OHV engine
- Speed: 4.25 MPH
- Rear-wheel drive
- 6-speed transmission
- 5 height adjustments
- Weighs 336 pound
- Rugged wheels
- 1.3 Gallon fuel tank
- Turning Radius 18 inches
It is the best riding mower for uneven ground. If you are having a lawn of less than an acre. Then it is a best riding mowers for hills for small lawns
It has a 30-inch cutting deck and a 382cc auto choke OHV engine, it delivers you the best result with fine and even cut. Its ability to deliver speeds up to 4.25 MPH even on slopes makes it the best option for small lawns.
It is a lawn mower with big rear wheels which is the main reason you include you in your top picks.it provides you with 6-speed levels without any running errors. Its cutting deck also provides 5 height adjustments so it can easily use as lawn mowers for hilly yards.
It wheels provide you with an excellent grip. It is the best self-propelled lawn mower for hilly terrain because it maximizes its gripping power automatically.
The seat is at a good level to visualize the grass upfront and padded to be highly comfortable. It has a shield which helps you in drizzling. It is a light lawn mower for hills. The ideal weight which you can handle.
4. Mowox MNA152613 Zero-Turn Radius Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
- It has a 163cc engine
- Its Front wheel can be rotated 360 degrees
- It is one of the Very cheap zero turn lawn mowers
- It provides Instart technology
- It has 2-in-1 cutting capability
- Large rear wheels for improved traction
It is in typical push mover shape but it is the best zero turn mower for hills. It is very cheap from many zero turns lawn mowers.
The working is made easier by the front wheel which can rotate 360 degrees which helps in turning radius of zero degrees. It is Equipped with an excellent performance of 163cc Briggs & Stratton Engine, it helps in cutting wet and dry grass effectively. It starts easily because of the Instart technology which utilizes the electric charge of Lithium ions to stir up the gasoline engine on the first push
It has a large cutting bag and also cutting deck which can be lifted through 6 heights to handle variable heights of grass. Handles can be removed for storing in tight spaces while the rear wheels improve the traction ability of the machine. It is one of the best self-propelled lawn mower for steep hills.
5. Husqvarna MZ61, 61 in. 27 HP Briggs & Stratton Zero Turn Riding Mower
- It has 27HP Briggs & Stratton engine which is V-twin in nature
- It provides Hydrostatic gear transmission
- It has Turning Radius: Zero
- It also consists 61-inches cutting deck
- 3-blade cutting system
- Grass cutting schemes (low, high, medium)
- It has a 9-bushel large grass catcher bag
- It contains Hour meter
It is the best lawn mower for steep banks. It includes a 61-inch cutting deck and an excellent 27HP engine, this steep hill mower is everything you need for manicuring your lawn’s grass. It is just the perfect weight for hills.
It is equipped with a 27HP Briggs & Stratton engine which is V-twin in nature. It is also a best zero turn mower for hills It wouldn’t leave any part of the lawn unattended. It also provides control during use.
There is the steel cutting deck which is 61 inches wide. You will have no issue standing or stepping on it. It provides a 3-blade cutting system that works together to give fine work.
It has very comfortable seats. Which are also shock resistant. It is the best riding mower for hills. It has an automatic gripping option.
6. Sun Joe ION16LMCT iON16LM-CT 40-Volt 4.0-Amp 16-Inch Brushless Cordless Lawn Mower
- It uses a powerful and rechargeable lithium-ion battery which gives wide freedom on where to mow without being tangled with cords.
- This best lawn mower for hilly terrain also uses a brushless motor that helps increase the efficiency of cutting.
- It has a small and lightweight design that makes it easy to use.
- It creates less noise and vibrations which makes it eco-friendly.
This lawnmower is the best lawn mower for steep slopes. It is non-greasy and non-noisy. You can get a great lawn with cordless and battery operated lawn mower.
It is very light in weight and also compact in design which makes it easy for use and handles especially it is one of the best mowers for steep slopes. It doesn’t vibrate so it prevents the user from suffering from any fatigue makes it more unique.
7. Greenworks 21-Inch 40V Self-Propelled Cordless Lawn Mower
- It has a self-propelled driving system, it takes less energy in controlling this lawn mower.
- It provides a 21-inch steel deck which helps in covering more ground faster and is durable.
- There is also a storage compartment for an extra battery to increase the working time of this lawn mower.
- It has a 3-in-1 design that helps in discharging the grass waste.
- It has 7 height adjustments using a single lever for easy mowing.
You can now clean more ground and mow easily using this self-propelled lawn mower. It is the best self-propelled lawn mower for hills. It is very easy to handle, this lawn mower doesn’t need too much energy, and it also reduces your fatigue. It is best for all age groups
Its 21-inch steel deck is not only durable but also helps in covering more ground in less time. It has an additional battery which prevents the user from any unwanted breaks and wasting your time. It is also a best walk behind mower for steep hills.
8. Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52″ Zero Turn Mower
- It comes with a 52-inch cutting deck
- It provides 23HP Kawasaki FR V-Twin Engine
- It has Turning Radius: Zero
- It has Large wheels
- It comes with a padded seat with a cup holder
- It is sturdily built for long term use.
If you have a somewhat smaller lawn with slopes, then it is one of the best mowers for hilly terrain
It is little on a heavier side but it is still one of the best lawn mower for hilly terrain. It has a 23HP Kawasaki engine, it gives enough power and speed to cut your grass in no time.
It is the best ride on mower for slopes. It is equipped with large wheels that grip very strongly on the ground without any additional force. It has a high cutting which provides you with fine and even cutting. It can also cut short grass.
9. BLUE RIDGE BR8761U 40V 2.0Ah 14” Cordless Lawn Mower
- It has a compact design with foldable handles for easy storage.
- It has a grass collection bag which is detachable and gives you the option to use the grass as mulch.
- The cutting height can be adjusted very easily to 6 levels using a simple lever.
- This lawnmower also has a cutting-to-edge function that leaves clean lawn lines.
- It comes with a rechargeable battery that is powerful and eco-friendly.
Its compact design takes very little space. Its handles are also foldable. Due to its high performance, it is one of the best mower for rough terrain. It also comes with cutting-edge functions. This also leaves a clean lawn line.
You can adjust the cutting height according to the steep slopes. The use of a rechargeable battery also makes this lawn mower eco-friendly; with less noise and vibrations that can also be good for your health. It is the best walk behind mower for steep hills.
10. WORX WG751 40V Power Share 5.0 Ah 20″ Lawn Mower
- It comes with 2 lithium-ion batteries with 40 V of power that delivers increased power and improved performance.
- This lawnmower uses intellect technology that uses the power on demand; lengthening the battery life.
- It has a 3-in-1 design that allows for bagging, mulching or side discharge of the grass cuttings.
- This lawnmower also features a single lever height adjustment that allows for more precise and clean cutting.
With intelligent power use, this is one of the most eco-friendly lawn mowers that you can use for steep slopes. It also comes with a pair of batteries that extend the runtime allowing you to finish your landscaping without any interruptions.
This best lawnmower for hills helps you to deal with the grass cuttings conveniently in 3 ways; with the option to mulch, side discharge or bag.
For More Related Reviews Click here